The deadline has been extended for the first ever Creative Arts Department Summer Competition! This is to give you a little bit more time to send your entries through. The competition is open to all pupils who are currently in Years 3-6.
There are two categories –
A) Individual work – this should be your own unaided work and should be original (ie not copied from another piece of artwork)
B) Pair or group work – this should be original (ie not copied from another piece of artwork) and will be created by you and one or more people working together ( eg friends, family etc)
You can bring work in over the next week – the deadline for entries is Monday 17th September and you can hand your entries in to Mrs Lynn, Mrs LG or Reception.
1. All work should be 2D and be able to be put up on a display board.
2. It should have your name, new class and House on the back, as well as the category you are entering the artwork in (A or B).
3. You should add a title for your artwork on the back.
4. Your artwork should be no bigger than A2.
5. The nature of the work should be acceptable to all age groups in Prep.
There will be prizes for each category in each Prep year group.
Here are some ideas of media you could use:
Watercolours, acrylic, gouache, pencil, charcoal (fix with hairspray), crayons, felt pens, fine liners, watercolour pencils, collage, mixed media ( more than one medium), textiles, sewing, weaving, embroidery, digital, photography etc.
Remember to wear protective clothing!
Most of all, enjoy taking time to be creative!
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs Lynn or Mrs Lambert-Green.