Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions a parent will make. Our website certainly reflects the individual ethos, the colour, the vibrancy, the Christian values and the identity of The Blue Coat School, which sets the very highest academic standards.
For well-nigh 300 years, Blue Coat has been refining and evolving the quality of its education. It combines a rigorous, cutting-edge approach to learning with an extraordinary variety of extra-curricular activities; it offers peerless pastoral support in an environment that encourages young men and women to grow in understanding.
I thank you for showing an interest in us, and appreciate the trust that parents place in me and the staff. All of us know that choosing the right school can be a daunting process, one in which the emotional investment and financial commitment is considerable. At the same time, we believe that the rewards provided by inspirational teaching are immeasurable – as is the chance to live and learn within a community that is both challenging and supportive.
Experience also tells us that self-confidence is the key to long term success. From the earliest years in Buttons Nursery until the responsibilities associated with Year 6. The Blue Coat Values play a central role in shaping the positive attitudes and actions of our children.
Thanks to a blend of brilliant teaching, genuine care and joint endeavour, young men and women of poise and ideas have left Blue Coat to make their mark in a thousand different fields. We have produced countless caring, thoughtful and confident members of society.
Along the way we believe that they have cemented strong friendships… and had a lot of fun. I see the evidence every day.
Noel Neeson, BEd (Hons), NPQH | Headmaster
What makes Blue Coat special?
At Blue Coat, we offer an excellent, rounded education for each child, providing care, encouragement and support on an individual basis.
- We celebrate effort, progress and achievement in all areas of school life.
- We develop in children an awareness of the needs of the wider world.
- Our children regularly gain places at both grammar and independent schools.
- Our vast range of clubs and activities enables children to develop their interests outside the classroom.
- Our pupils have access to many facilities that rival those of the best senior schools.
- We offer up to six Scholarships for academic and musical excellence to children aged 7+.
- We offer Assisted Places from age 7+ to able and deserving children from Birmingham and beyond.